PDS Energy Information is looking for an IT Director to oversee our Abilene, Texas Technology Center. This individual will oversee both operational IT as well as software development and support. The role will require ongoing engagement with the area’s higher education community to establish and operate an active internship program to provide significant opportunities for growth, development, and careers both within the region as well as PDS’ Houston and Calgary development centers.
Exposure to Oil & Gas is preferable, but not required.
In addition to the Internship program oversight, the following are some common tasks to this position.
- Collaborate with members of the executive team to identify ways IT can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals
- Monitor new IS developments and technologies that might impact existing platforms
- Ensure IT and network infrastructure adequately support the company’s computing, data processing, and communications needs
- Establish long-term IS needs and plan/develop strategies for developing systems and acquiring software and hardware necessary to meet those needs
- Interact closely with the PDS SSAE/SOC internal compliance team as well as external auditors
- Provide IT support, infrastructure maintenance, and systems administration
- Oversee day to day operations of the virtual/physical environments and applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and commitment to engagement with various diverse teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly processes to accomplish those goals
- Excellent managerial skills
- Thorough understanding of information technology and information technology systems
Education and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in full stack software development and/or administration of information systems and technology
PDS Energy Information operates the industry’s largest drilling, production and proprietary partner data exchange and our applications are in use at over 95% of Fortune 500 energy companies.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 5 years
- 8 hour shift
- Work Location: In person
Want to apply for this position? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org